It is normal to feel frustrated in a technology-driven world. Stress and tension are common as most of us are surrounded by four walls and surviving in a pandemic. Our physical and mental health is affected by different emotions such as anger and frustration majorly. So the main question is what is anger? Anger is an emotion that you feel towards something or someone when it is not done correctly or is done inappropriately. We all have the liberty to express ourselves and it is very important to tell your loved ones about your situations so that you can feel connected and loved.
Anger and frustration are more complicated emotions than being happy or positive but they are not bad or inappropriate. You should address your negative feelings properly to avoid emotional pile-ups and other related consequences. One should always keep in mind that excess of anything is bad. If you are having excessive negative emotions such as anger or frustration it will cause disturbance in your mental peace and health. Expressing emotions is necessary but you should address them properly and prioritise the positivity in your life. Positivity is the key to success and happiness. You cannot stop feeling certain emotions such as anger or frustration but you can learn to address them properly.
Anger issues are very common among the large population. Many situations such as family issues, past experiences, present emotions and feelings can trigger the anger. Whereas frustration originates from different feelings such as uncertainty and insecurity.
Frustration and anger can affect your emotions and mental well being. It can affect other aspects of your health and personality. Many problems are related to them such as:
- Aggressive behaviour
- Decrease in confidence
- Problems in personal and professionals areas
So it is important to address feelings and emotions to avoid any adverse consequences.
It is important that you should never ignore signs and symptoms of frustration and anger. Some common signs of frustration are:
- Irregularity in eating habits
- Using ways such as alcohol and drugs to avoid the reality
- Problems related to sleep schedules
- Lacking self-confidence
- Losing temper
- Irregular body movements such as tapping fingers continuously.
Some common signs and symptoms related to anger and frustration are mentioned below:
- Feeling guilty
- Sadness or depression
- Avoiding certain specific situations
Anger and frustration can affect your mental and physical health drastically. You may experience signs and symptoms physically when you are frustrated or angry. Some of them are mentioned below:
- Excessive sweating
- Increase in a heartbeat
- Stomach ache
- Grinding of teeth
- Clenching of jaws
We have addressed both emotional and physical symptoms related to anger and frustration but the main question is how can we avoid them? You can try simple steps and follow some changes in your lifestyle to control them.
You can follow the below mentioned tips to control anger:
- Identify your signs and symptoms and seek professional help according to your choice.
- Practice activities that help in relaxing your body.
- Follow hobbies such as drawing, sketching and painting to relax your mind and body.
- Use humour to release stress.
- Indulge yourselves in some feel-good tasks and activities.
- Avoid feelings and emotions such as grudges.
- Avoid situations that can trigger your anger.
- Use and follow the statements that revolve around ‘’you’’ and increase positivity in your life.
- Focus on solutions rather than problems.
- Whenever you want, just take a break.
- Involve yourself in daily routines of exercise and yoga or some breathing exercises.
- Express yourselves and address your emotions calmly.
- Think before you speak.
- Spend some time with nature.
You can also practice some of the lifestyle changes to avoid anger and frustration. Some of them are mentioned below:
- Talk with your loved ones who are not directly involved in the situation.
- You may ask for solutions from your counsellor, parents or friends.
- Go for a walk.
- Count to ten.
- Drink a glass of water.
Additionally, it is beneficial if you practice some anger management techniques. Some of them are mentioned below:
- Create and indulge yourselves in distractions.
- Find alternative methods to channelise your anger.
- Practice mindfulness. Mediation will always help you to collect your thoughts and find the appropriate solutions for the problems.
- Try easing the physical tension.
- Follow the most successful method of deep and slow breathing.
You can follow these steps and will notice visible changes in your health and emotional well being.
Find a GUIDE to share all your problems with (even anonymously, if you want) on the FeelJoy Mobile App available for all Android and IOS users.