It is rightly said that if you give yourself the same care and attention that you give others, you will watch yourself bloom. Mental health is the most important element of our lives. In our everyday life, our mental health affects how we feel, think, as well as act. It also affects our capacity to deal with stress, resolve obstacles, fabricate connections and bounce back from the misfortunes and struggles of life. Good mental health isn’t simply the lack of psychological well-being issues. Being disturbed, angry, sad, frightened or grieving about everything is absolutely normal but make sure to check-in with your emotions, evaluate them and understand as to how they came to be. It is totally fine to sit with them for a while but try not to let them tear you apart. If you need someone to talk or rant to, always count on your family and friends.
The covid -19 pandemic has been a very stressful time in our lives. We all are hoping for only one thing, for this pandemic to end and for our lives to come back to normal. However, little did we know that this is the new normal and the new normal is not as easy as it is made to seem. We are facing a lot of challenges which are affecting our mental health. It is very important for us to take care of it.
There are some things that we could do in our lives to maintain a healthy and positive mental condition –
- Don’t compare yourself to the standards set by others. These standards are made according to the different resources we all have.
- Let’s not beat ourselves for not achieving some abstract idea of productivity. This year has been hard on everyone. Even simply holding yourself together everyday is enough.
- It’s easy to start thinking about the “what if’s” and get scared about the future. Try to keep your mind in the present – the future could hold far better things than you could ever imagine.
- Try some positive self-talk if you’re feeling down. Speaking positive things to yourself when you’re feeling sad or low can help make negative feelings weigh you down less and help you feel better.
- Talk to your friend; it might help in releasing stress and will make you happy. Don’t ever bottle up your feelings because it will harm you in the long run, so, if you feel stressed and anxious, always talk to somebody.
- Be vocal about your emotions and how you are feeling. It’s important not to bottle up things – let it all out.
- Get rid of something that is or has been stressing you out. Clear your space.
- Cut down on toxic people who are stopping you from practising your growth and are diverting your mind away from reaching your goals.
- One shall practice any hobby that helps them to relieve stress.
- Try journaling; having a notebook as an outlet for your feelings is a healthy way to cope with stress. Being alone and not having anyone to talk to can be really difficult but a journal might help.
- Remember to sleep for at least 8 hours every night and exercise regularly. This is really significant for your mental as well as physical health.
- Maintain a healthy lifestyle. Eat healthy and take care of your body. Eating properly is extremely important to maintain a healthy body and a healthy mind.
- Listen to some relaxing music which will indeed help you calm your anxiety.
- Turn off your phone if it stresses you out. If being on the internet makes you feel stressed constantly, then you need to unplug by taking a break from being online and live in the reality instead of being indulged in the virtual world.
- Take care of yourself and treat yourself for small accomplishments.
- Even a simple walk around the neighbourhood works, which will in turn help release stress and will give you a moment to yourself. It will help you declutter your head and will give you a break from the workload.
- Try a breathing exercise to help calm yourself down and re-focus. Your breath can affect your entire nervous system and help you calm down from any panic or anxiety you may be feeling.
- Also, try some meditation to keep yourself at peace. Meditation can help you relax and focus on yourself.
Most importantly, do the things you love and don’t pressurise yourself into doing things that make you unhappy. We are all in this together so let’s fight it together and let’s face it together. We are all fighting battles that some will never understand. We need more kindness in a world full of criticism and judgement. So if you get the chance to make someone happy, do it. You should never have to shrink yourself. Move forward and keep growing.
Find a BUDDY to share all your problems with (even anonymously, if you want) on the FeelJoy Mobile App available for all Android users.