We all live in a cobweb of social networks. You as an individual have demands and needs from the society but think about it-you as a puzzle piece of your surroundings are a part of fulfilling the same for someone else. There is a continuous give and take amongst different members and species existing on our planet.
The pattern of such interactions declares our status in society and also, determines the kind of lifestyle we lead. It is only when you jump into the deeper side of the pool; you’ll know that this is the same thing that causes stress, depression, anxiety and all sorts of other life pressures.
What is pressure in daily life?
Psychologically speaking- pressure is the strain one feels when over-burdened with expectations of performing well. In simpler terms, you might want to call pressure as that feeling of going crazy because you have too much on your plate.
For example- A child who scored well in an examination might feel pressurized to perform well in other upcoming tests and maintain his ‘good grader’ status or the mental uneasiness and stress you feel when loaded with deadlines at your workplace-this is all pressure.
What causes pressure in daily life?
By reading the above paragraphs, you might have a rough idea, so let us jot down these points one by one.
1. Expectations other people want you to fulfill
2. Demands we make from ourselves
3. Goals we set for accomplishing
4. Satisfying the proffer and clasp chain
5. Maintaining the status quo in your surroundings
6. Growing your authority and reputation
7. Inability to meet the urgings of the daily routine
8. When your real self and ideal self-are not consistent
9. Lack of resources and availabilities to live up to all your interpersonal and intrapersonal needs.
How pressure affects us in daily life?
Any psychological trouble causing mental health and emotional health problems is obvious. These illnesses are like an invisible enemy sucking out your wellbeing slowly. However, apart from these following are the effects, pressure forces you to witness and go through-
1. Poor performance
5. Troubled interpersonal relationships
6. Intrapersonal issues
8. Suicides etc
How to deal with pressure in daily life?
Now that we’re through with the causes and effects, it is time to focus on the remedying angle of this article, so here is how you can tackle all that pressure in an easy-breezy way-
1. Check your resources and capabilities before committing
2. Set your goals and aspirations as per your availabilities
3. Trigger identification
4. Time management
5. Acceptance of the fact that you cannot change certain things
One of the most lightly taken concept and trouble-pressure has the ability to snatch away your mental equilibrium and general peace. It is under various kinds of mental pressure that many people end their lives. This casual sounding term is a weapon that is assassinating the smiles of many. In the modern world we are all burdened with zillions of demands and so it becomes extremely pivotal to tackle all this the right way.