Financial crunch is basically a critical situation which arises due to shortage of money. We all usually go through these situations when we are out of money and there are many expenses, sometimes many of us have responsibilities of our families and we find ourselves all alone trying handle it all.
In this article we’ll be talking about the effects of financial crunch on our lives and how can we cope with it and come out even stronger.
What can financial crunch lead to?
We are all so busy working in our lives that we don’t find time for ourselves and one of our primary concerns is to fulfill our needs and look after the people who are dependent on us, so much so that fulfilling our needs sometimes become a secondary concern for many of us. But when we are not able to fulfill those needs due to the financial crunch, our mind gets filled with negativity. We let the tensions affect our mental health and slowly we fill ourselves up with stress. Stress affects your body, your thoughts and feelings, and your behaviour, and we all know that stress that’s left unchecked can contribute to many health problems, such as high blood pressure, heart disease, obesity and diabetes.
When we are in stress, we cannot put our minds into work, which eventually affects our work life or our career. We are not saying that it’s normal to face financial crunch and nothing is so big about it, we are aware of the fact that we all have responsibilities on our heads which are necessary to be taken care of. Our point here is that if we let negativity surround our mind, no good will from it.
Stressful life experiences may increase the risk of anxiety. Many a times financial crunch leads to anxiety and it should be noted that long term anxiety and panic attacks can cause your brain to release stress hormones on a regular basis. This can further increase the frequency of symptoms such as headaches, dizziness, and depression.
When we are facing financial issues, we are not happy for sure, instead there is a feeling of negativity all around. As we’ve talked about in the previous paragraphs it leads to stress, anxiety, depression, high blood pressure and so on. All of this affects our lives in a very negative way, we stop paying attention to important things and important people as our minds are constantly worrying about the future. Our relationships get disturbed, our work life or career gets disturbed and we as individuals get disturbed. Now as we’ve talked about the effects of financial crunch in our lives, it becomes important to know how to cope up.
How to cope up with financial crunch?
Here are some healthy coping mechanisms that will help you come out even stronger:
- Empty out the negative: The first thing you need to do right away to get yourself out of the financial stress is to empty out the negativity that surround you and your mind. When you allow negative thoughts to enter, they replace the good thoughts ending you up with a negative mind, saying ‘’I can’t do anything now, nothing good can happen, I’m not responsible enough, it’s not possible’’ etc. If you have to come out even stronger you have to shut these thoughts and find positive good ways to help you. And this would certainly terminate the instability in your life.
- Get proper sleep: Try to get a good night’s sleep and then plan out about how to spend money in the coming days and fulfill your financial needs. Sleep is affected by stress and anxiety; don’t let this happen as it will make the situation worse.
- Plan it up: Nothing can be better than planning out things beforehand. Make it a point to plan how to spend money in the coming days, this will help you a lot. You cannot change your situations by just thinking about it, you need to work upon it. Think about ways that can help you spend less and plan accordingly till the time you cope up with the financial issue.
- Excercise daily: When you exercise regularly, you may feel more competent and confident in your body, which promotes mental well-being.
- Spend time with friends and family: Trust us; this will help you a lot. Your close ones really care about you and if you cannot find any solution to cope up with the stress, they would certainly help you out. Sitting in a room and thinking how bad you are in handling the responsibilities will be of no help and would leave the situation unchanged. Get up and spend time with your closest ones and talk to them.
You are a strong person and even though right now it feels tough to cope with it all, you have it in you to not let your negative thoughts affect your mental health. Yes, financial crunch affects you but remember, it cannot break you unless you let it. You are stronger and you can come out of this. We believe that what you think is what you are, so, see the world with a positive mind. It is a difficult time but you can do it. Like every other thing in life, even this will pass.
‘’Set peace of mind as your highest goal, and organize your life around it.’’ –Brian Tracy
Find a BUDDY to share all your problems with (even anonymously, if you want) on the FeelJoy Mobile App available for all Android users.