Stress is expanding its roots rapidly in our lives. Almost everybody has stress due to meetings, deadlines, work, over-time work, etc. All these activities have increased the level of stress in our lives. Anxiety is characterised by feelings of worry or fear that are strong enough to interfere with one’s daily activities. Examples of anxiety disorders include panic attacks, obsessive-compulsive disorder and post traumatic stress disorder. Self-love and attention is really important for having a healthy lifestyle. The path of a healthy lifestyle can start from waking up early in the morning and having a morning walk to eating healthy, all this can help you to acquire a healthy lifestyle. Having an early morning walk can help you to reduce stress and tension as well as improve your health.
Stress is a feeling of emotional or physical tension. It can come from any event or thought that makes you feel frustrated, angry or nervous. Stress is our body’s reaction to a challenge or a demand. In some cases, it can be positive as it generates a feeling of competition and helps you to meet a deadline or complete an assignment with full concentration. However, exaggeration of anything can harm our mind, body and health.
There are two main types of stress:
● Acute stress: This is a short term stress that can fade or go away easily. It occurs when you do something new, exciting or you are facing any dangerous situation. Examples are the first day on a new project, a fight with your partner, etc.
● Chronic stress: This stress stays for a long period of time and if you are not able to manage this stress then it can lead to many health problems. It can arise from situations like an unhappy marriage, being jobless or having money problems.
Signs of stress:
● Frequent aches or pains
● Too much stress can lead to diarrhoea or constipation
● Weight loss or gain
How can stress harm my body?
It can cause various health problems like
● High blood pressure
● Heart diseases
● Skin problems such as acne or eczema
● Menstrual problems
Anxiety is our body’s natural response to stress. Few examples of anxiety are moving to a new place, starting a new job or taking a test.
Types of anxiety disorders:
● Panic disorders: Experiencing panic attacks at unexpected times. A person can experience fear of having panic attacks when he/she experiences it frequently.
● Phobia: It is the fear of a specific object, situation or activity.
● Social anxiety disorders: It is the fear of getting judged by others in social situations.
● Obsessive compulsive disorder: It is the recurring of irrational thoughts that lead you to perform specific repeated behaviours.
● Seperation anxiety disorder: It is the fear of being away from home or loved ones.
● Illness anxiety disorder: It is anxiety about our health.
● Post traumatic stress disorder [PTSD]: It is the anxiety that follows after a traumatic event.
Signs of Anxiety:
- Increased heart rate
- Rapid breathing
- Trouble concentrating
- Difficulty falling asleep
How To Reduce Stress?
Stress can affect our lifestyle, mind, thoughts and emotions. We have to understand that reducing stress is very important as it can save us from many health-related problems.
Here are few tips which we all can follow:
- Keep a positive attitude.
- Accept that there are certain events in our lives which we cannot control.
- Be assertive instead of being aggressive.
- Eat a healthy and well balanced diet.
- Learn time management.
- Exercise regularly.
- Get enough rest and sleep.
- Be creative and follow your hobbies.
How To Overcome Anxiety?
Anxiety and problems related to it can be really traumatic and painful. Hence, it becomes important for us to manage them.
Here are few tips which can help you to manage anxiety:
- Face your fears, if possible.
- Explore your self, interests and hobbies.
- Maintain a journal.
- Exercise regularly.
- Relax and sleep properly.
- Avoid addiction to drugs or cigarettes.
How To Deal With Stress?
Coping with stress is easy if you start practicing it from today from this very moment.
Here are few steps which you can follow:
- Practice self-love and attention. Showering yourself with love and care whenever you need is the best gift and a blessing.
- Eat healthy and properly as well.
- Having at least 6-7 hours of sleep is important.
- Take a break from those chaotic events that give you stress.
- Recognize your signs and symptoms.
- Ask for help.
- Talk to a friend.
How To Deal With Anxiety?
Coping with anxiety can save you from many problems.
Here are few tips which you can follow:
- Observe your thoughts and thought pattern.
- Practice deep breathing.
- Doing yoga or going for a walk for 15-20 minutes can help.
- Write down your thoughts.
- Identify and manage your triggers.
- Daily routine of performing meditation is successful.
- Keep your body and mind healthy.
What Are The Benefits Of Walking Daily?
Waking up early in the morning and going for a walk is a blessing for your body. It has various benefits:
- It improves circulation.
- Makes your bones healthy.
- Lighten your moods.
- Increases energy levels.
- Flow of positive and innovative thoughts increases.
- Helps you to reduce weight.
- Improves your sleep cycle.
- Improve your organs and organ system.
Find a BUDDY to share all your problems with (even anonymously, if you want) on the FeelJoy Mobile App available for all Android users.